Vegan Special Egg Fried Rice
Friday night is here and what better than a takeaway a number 42 special egg fried rice please! This is our vegan version of the classic special egg fried rice.
Vegan Special Egg Fried Rice is so quick to make, it is quicker to make this then it is to make the trip to the takeaway, it's delicious and because you made it yourself you know there is only the good stuff in there, no msg.
You can use whatever veg you like or whatever is in season, if you like peas put them in, there are no rules when it comes to stir fry's, just dust off the wok and have a go at this one.
Even the non vegans in the house liked it, which is a compliment indeed.
- 5 Hand full's of Rice
- 1 small block of tofu
- 1tsp turmeric
- 1tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 2 cm piece of root ginger
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2tbs nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/4 black salt (kala namak)*
- Red pepper
- Courgette/ Zucchini
- Sunflower Oil
- Soy Sauce
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and add the rice cook until slightly under cooked drain into a colander and place on the pan back on the stove to steam for 5 minutes, this is a great way to get lovely fluffy and separate grains. (you can of course just cook the rice your own way, whatever works)
- Leave the rice to cool, prepare the veggies into bite size pieces.
- Prepare the tofu remove it from packaging and drain crumble into something resembling scrambled egg
- Combine tofu with turmeric, garlic powder, cumin, nutritional yeast, black salt, & 2 tbs oil cook in a pan for a few minutes
- In a wok heat 1tbs oil, add the chilli flake and grate the ginger in, stir fry veggies add the rice and fry for another 2 or 3 minutes until hot.
- Remove from heat and fold the tofu mixture through the rice season with soy sauce
*Black salt or Kala Namak is the secret ingredient here pleas try to find some you will be amazed, it does smell bad but use it sparingly and keep it in a sealed container.